The Gansevoort Market opened in October 2014 and it is delightful. Located at the edge of the meatpacking district, this rustic-style space in a renovated garage offers an eclectic line-up of both new and classic New York restaurants.
I've recently taken a liking to the food hall/market scene because of their casual, social environments and the diversity of the cuisines. Having variety tends to please its customers as it has options that would appeal to everyone.
So here's the lowdown of restaurants:
- Aunt Butchie's Cheesecake - Ever heard of a cheesecake cone? Probably not, so go try one here.
- Bangkok Bar - Thai food. And coconut water served in coconuts.
- Brooklyn Soda Works - Healthy sodas? Yep, sodas made from fruits, herbs, spices, and CO2.
- Bruffin Cafe - What's a bruffin? A brioche muffin with lots of stuffin'.
- Cappone's Salumeria - Authentic Italian sandwich shop.
- Champion Coffee - A good ol' coffee shop.
- Crepe Sucre - The name says it all...crepes.
- Dana's Bakery - Macarons!
- Dojo Express - A Japanese sushi bar. The original restaurant is located in the East Village.
- Donostia - Basque tapas bar. Primary location is also in the East Village.
- Ed's Lobster Bar - New England seafood. Known for their lobster rolls.
- Feel Food - Organic juice and health food shop.
- Gansevoort Bakery - A bakery with a wide variety of freshly made pastries and baked goods.
- Heermance Farm Purveyors - Organic produce market and cafe.
- Il Conte - Italian pasta bar. The pasta, sauce, and toppings of your choice are cooked right in front of you.
- Løv Organic - A Scandinavian-inspired tea shop.
- Luzzo's Pizzeria - An old school Neapolitan pizza joint.
- Macelleria - A high quality meat market.
- MTerranean - Authentic Mediterranean foods.
- Organic Gemini - A superfood company specializing in TigerNuts.
- Palenque - Homemade Colombian food.
- Pig Guy NYC - Pork heaven.
- Tacombi - Delicious tacos served out of a Volkswagen bus.
- Yiaourti - Greek yogurt bar.
There's also a little flower shop called Flower Girl NYC that contributes to the charming nature of this place.
So if you're ever in the area, definitely check this place out. It's perfect for afternoon chats with friends or grabbing a quick bite to eat before hitting the many bars and clubs that populate this area.
ADDRESS: 52 Gansevoort St. New York, New York 10014